Photographers are always searching to find why certain photographs are more inviting to the eye then others. I have listed ten qualities in photography, and for that matter of all visual arts that I believe are pleasing to the eye that are typically included in a great photograph. Not all be present in each great photograph but many can be seen in most excellent photographs.
- Simplicity order and clarity
- Contrast strong but not excessive
- Detail that is sharply defined
- Texture that gives surface life
- Form that is simple and bold
- Outline that is suggestive and crisp
- Pattern rhythm and repetition of related forms
- Depth in the form of receding lines or objects
- Motion that indicates aliveness or action
- Spontaneity animate the subject
Hope this helps you in taking some great photographs!